Monday, April 13, 2020

Day 31

Today starts the week where the boys are on "vacation". What does that mean during a pandemic?  That means they have nothing they have to do.  No homework, no scheduled times to be online for learning.  We tried to make a list of things to do.  They didn't get many of them done, but we had some good non-screen time today, and these days, this is often my only goal.  


In the morning we worked on a glass mosiac project I bought from the Glass bar.  I dropped the finished pieces off where they will fire them and I can pick them up when they are done.  




UPDATE:  Here is our finished projects picked up a week later....



The boys then got busy working on a rube goldberg machine.  Not sure what their goal is but it involved a lot of duct table and cardboard!  



I was working on some more masks - Missy will just follow me wherever I am in the house!  Here is Jerald's finished Tiger King mask!




During our music lessons our power went out due to high winds.  We had a really nice candlelit dinner where we did geography trivia and then movie trivia.  Missy was super unhappy with the noise and darkness.  We played a few rounds of codenames and snuggled on the couch reading.  Around 8:30 the power came back on!  




No comments: