Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Day 25

This one was a doozy!





I woke Justin up for school and he was in so much pain.  There was no choice but to go see the doctor.  Within 2 seconds he said - he needs an xray.  Off to children's hospital.  I said to the boys over and over again, when they were doing something stupid - "I will not go to the emergency room!"  I guess this didn't break this, because we went straight to radiology.  We work our masks, I wore gloves (justin kept his hands in his pockets).  We saw almost no one.  We came into contact with an xray tech, two nurses at desks, one RN, and two guys in the cast room.  I think our contact was as limited as possible - but still hard to know if we did enough to keep us safe.  Of course, there was no option because.....  Justin's radius is broken :-( 








He is in a cast for at least 4 weeks and then a sling.  Ugh!  Justin was simply amazing.  We were gone for 4.5 hours and he was upbeat, patient, and didn't complain once.  What a sweet boy he is.  He was super uncomfortable going to sleep, but I know he will get used to it. 

Jerald and I ended the day on a fun note, having a double date with Maria & Sitso! 


No comments: