Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Day 61


This was a tough one!  The morning involved a some challenging moments with the kids surrounding screens and school.  In the afternoon, we got the email we were dreading....  no camp for the boys this summer.  This is so sad for all of us!  Jerald and I were looking forward to our first month alone in 15 years.  Seth and Justin were looking forward to being back at camp with their friends and Ezra was looking forward to his first summer at sleep-away camp.  After so much time home without being around kids, I was looking forward to the boys being able to socialize with peers again.  It would have been amazing for all of us.  I totally understand that with the status of covid this is impossible.  I am sure the camp tried to think of every creative solution to get camp to happen this summer.  The boys took the news well.  I have been talking about the possibility for weeks to make sure if it happened it wasn't a complete surprise.  It is a blow nevertheless.  I told them I would do my best to make our summer fun and enjoyable!  It is obviously not the same as camp, but we will have fun.  I am thankful that we had planned for this possibility and we have a lake house in New Hampshire booked for the first 5 weeks of the summer.  Now I am wondering if we need to extend or find something else for August - if that is even a possibility.  


The bright spots of the day was this amazing box of chocolate from our friends Matt and Virginie - as a thank you for the masks I made them.  


Jerald and Justin were done with their hair and got haircuts.  


Seth did most of Jerald's hair - he was careful and did a great job!  I'll take an "after" picture tomorrow.  


I ended the day with snuggles from Missy - lucky to have her!




No comments: