Monday, January 05, 2009

End of vacation...

Today we get back to the "real world." Jerald had off for the past week and a half. We had a blast hanging out as a family. We stayed around the house more often than not. But it was really fun. We got to figure out how to be this new four person family. We each got to spend alone time with our boys and maybe a little alone time together. We worked on our never-ending "to do" list - and had fun even doing that. We are all sad to see the end of Daddy's vacation, but all good things must come to an end. Today, I try to remember how to maneuver our two little boys on my own and Jerald tries to remember how to be at work without us. As Jerald was saying goodbye this morning Seth got all teary eyed. I told him it was ok to be sad and that he could say, "Daddy I am sad you are going back to work. I will miss you." And that is just what he said to Jerald as he left. Don't be too sad, a half an hour later, while watching Curious George, Seth said, "I was sad before, but now I am happy!"

No comments: