Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Friends in NY

We were able to get to spend time with so many of our close NY friends. Thanks to everyone who came out to see us at my parents house. And we are sorry to have missed seeing some of you who were out of town. We will be back soon!

Stacey, Mikey (in my original baby playgroup), and their two sons Noah and Cole came and played with us in the heat. The bigger boys played in the pool, the McDonald's kitchen that my Mom got at a yard sale (Seth doesn't know what McDonald's is - so he keeps calling it "Old McDonald"). Lots of fun!High School friends Marci, Brian and Ben came out for a fun BBQ. It was really great to spend some quality time catching up and having fun. It had been way too long!One of my oldest and dearest friends, Rebecca, came to visit with her little boy Ben and her Mom! Her husband Danny came for a short visit later. Seth and Ben had fun in and out of the pool and eating lunch together. My friend Stefanie came to visit with her adorable baby Samantha and her Mom. Our Mom's got to have a playdate also! Her older son was at camp. It was so much fun to see them. Stef and I met at nursery school and then spent many summers at sleep away camp together. We were really able to reconnect when Seth was born and I turned to her on countless occasions for help and sanity!

Last but not least, my college friend Vicky came to visit with her daughter Lucy. The last time I saw Vicky I was pregnant with Justin and she was pregnant with Lucy - just two weeks from giving birth. I am sad that it has taken this long for us to see each other - but travel with kids is never easy. We vowed to try to see each other more. In the meantime - it was such a joy to see her and to give Lucy lots of hugs and kisses.

No comments: