Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nana's 60th Birthday Party Weekend

I (Jerald) and my siblings have been planning a big 60th birthday blowout for Nana for months and the weekend is finally upon us.  We tried our best to make sure that Nana had to do as little as possible for the weekend, and I think we succeeded.  The whole weekend was a lot of fun with a lot of kids! 


Seth and Justin shared a room with Becca on Friday night, which again meant staying up late talking, but they eventually all went to sleep.  Somehow the next morning, around 6:30 AM, I found all three of them in my bed.
  

On Saturday night, we hosted everyone at our house for dinner.  It was really nice to be able to show our house to my whole family.  A big thank you to Lauren for getting the whole house (and dinner) ready for everyone (despite being 8+ months pregnant).

On Sunday, Great-Gram, Great Aunt Helen, Great Uncle Les, 2 of my cousins with spouses, and 7 of Seth and Justin's second-cousins joined in the festivities (unfortunately, one of my cousins and her family couldn't make it because they recently had their third - Mazel Tov!).  We also got Nana a professional photographer as a birthday present, so better pictures to come.  Everyone brought poems for Nana (a family tradition) and it was great hanging out with the larger crew.  Seth read this poem to Nana: 

"I love seeing Nana every week,
Watching movies and playing hide-and-seek.
Happy Birthday to my Nana
I love you more than a banana!"



   
  
Happy Birthday again Nana!  We all love you and appreciate everything that you do for us!

No comments: