Thursday, August 04, 2005

Am I really that old?



Tonight I went to see a concert with our friend Dave. Dave is currently working for the Jewish Advocate in Boston so he got free tickets to review the opening act. Matisyahu is a chassidic reggae performer. I had heard of him before. And while neither Dave nor I could understand anything of what he was saying, Matisyahu was excellent. I really enjoyed him - if not all of his jumping around. Dave said at some points Matisyahu had the stage presence of a boy signing on stage with the band at his bar mitzvah! But it was all fun.

Then Trey of Phish fame performed. What a blast from the past!!! I had tons of flashbacks from 1994. Unfortunately or actually fortunately I am not 16 anymore. But a lot of the concert goers tonight did not understand that fact. So while Trey was excellent as always (it is always fun to watch someone with so much passion for what they do) after a while of the heat, the smoke, and the drunk ass people bumping into us - Dave and I were proud to declare "We are old!" As I said, I am not the same person I was at 16. I have had a lot of life experiences since then. So, all in all I enjoyed my evening (thanks Dave!) and the trip down memory lane was fun ~ but I didn't want to stay there.

No comments: