Sunday, June 04, 2017

Volunteer Dinner - PA President

The last two years of my life have been heavily taken up by my role at the boys school, as the head of the Parents Association.  I always thought I would end up in this role at some point.  My Mom was one of the most involved parents at my school.  It was so special to get to see her so much at school and I could tell, even then, that she was doing it out of love for us!  I wanted to follow in this great example.  My plan was always to go "back to work" when our littlest was in Kindergarten.  This role is pretty time consuming, so the timing seemed about right.

I am now a few weeks away from leaving this position and am so grateful to have had this great opportunity to help this amazing school and community.  I am really proud of so many things that I envisioned and was able to accomplish.  They all didn't get done, and I have been suffering through a bit of burn out in the Spring as I started a part-time job - but I can say I am proud of what I did.

It will be weird leaving the top position - it is fun being in the know and helping move the direction of the school.  But on to the next challenge.....




No comments: