Sunday, October 12, 2014

Some thoughts about the beginning of school

Justin - starting kindergarten had some tears for our Justin.  I think he was overwhelmed at times with the work he might be doing.  The first day he was to write in his journal he became very upset.  "I don't know how to write" he said.  His teacher told him he could draw a picture.  The next day she encouraged him to write some letters - and he did.  By the third day he wrote "Dad"!  He came home from school the first two days saying that it was just too much time away from me and he missed me too much.  My heart broke!  I came up with the idea (inspired by my Mom who gave me my own set of keys so she couldn't leave me at pre-school) to give him a small lamented picture of me to keep in his pocket.  Whenever he misses me - he takes it out and knows that I love him.  According to his teacher it is really helping!  At his back-to-school night there were sheets where the kids where saying what their favorite color, animal, food, friend and what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Justin's were - blue, money, pizza, Eitan and karate teacher.  I saw on at least three other kids sheets that Justin was their best friend!

Seth - the beginning of school has been smooth.  He is enjoying being the oldest in school.

Ezra - was devasted when on the first day of the big boys school he couldn't start.  By the time he finally started I barely got a good-bye.  He is having a great time.

No comments: