Friday, September 02, 2011

Fleeing to NY


Thanks to Hurricane Irene the tree across the street was uprooted and took down the electric poll.  BOOM - out went our power until thursday.  Add 1-4 inches of water in our basement - and things in our house were crazy!  Thankfully we rushed most of our freezer food to Nana's house.  We took refuge at her house for a while where she entertained us, fed us and even let me nap!  When we realized the power wouldn't be on for days - I packed the boys up and took them to my parents.  Thanks to Grandma and Pa for taking us in - it was fun!  We ended up getting to have a visit with Aunt Shir, one of my oldest friends from nursery school Stefanie and her two cute kids, and a visit with my friend from elementary school Debbie and her equally cute kids.  We definitely made lemonade out of lemons.  And here is some of the fun we had in NY.  









No comments: