Thursday, September 16, 2010

Justin's first day of "school"






Justin, being born in November, misses the cutoff to begin at Seth's school this fall. Unfortunately, they do not start kids mid-year - so Justin will have to wait until next fall to start there. In the meantime Justin and I have filled our weeks. Monday = music class / Tuesday = gym class / Wednesday = Nana morning (THANKS NANA WE LOVE YOU!!!) - while I teach / Thursday = Mama and Me / Friday = free.


So thursday Justin is doing a three-hour drop-off program. It functions just like a pre-school class but only runs in 10 week sessions. So if it doesn't work out, we are not stuck forever. I was really nervous for his first day. There is no ramp up period - you stay until you feel comfortable and then let them go for the whole time. If there is a problem they will call your cell.

We started off with a new Red Sox backpack. When we got there - Justin ran right over to this bus toy. I stayed for about 30 minutes and he was doing really well, so the teachers and I decided I should go. He cried for about five minutes and then never again. He did great! The teachers said he was engaged in the activities and had fun. When I picked him up he ran right over to me and said "snack!" Apparently the snack of apples and cheez-its (which Seth picked out for him) was his favorite part. Let's hope things stay this good!

No comments: