Thursday, February 28, 2008

New York Bar

Today I finally did it - after almost 5 years, today I was sworn into the New York Bar! Jerald and I took the NY Bar exam at the same time we took the Massachusetts Bar, during the summer of 2003 (2 weeks before our wedding!). We passed both, but since we were not working in New York and the references and other material they require were numerous - we decided to hold off. Right before the three year deadline to get admitted came and went - I got most of my paperwork in to stop the clock from running.

Due to scheduling conflicts and trying to get the right paperwork from Massachusetts to New York - it took until today for all the stars to align and for me to get admitted. Now all you New Yorkers out there - don't get too excited - we have no plans to move. I did it for my Dad and my Grandma - both who were very insistent on me getting sworn in. (I am sure they have their own reasons). But both, along with my Mom and my Grandpa, were so instrumental in me getting through law school and the bar, both financially and otherwise, I had to do it for them.

And a big thank you to Jerald, who took the day off from work today so I could leave Boston at 5am - drive to Albany, have a 6 minute interview, take a 20 second oath, grab my certificate, and drive three hours back to Boston (with one stop at the outlet malls). Thanks Jerald - you are the best!

No comments: